Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What happened to April??

So if you follow this blog, I owe you a serious apology. The six of you must be the most patient readers on the planet because you don't get much from me... Like April...

So in April, I had the best possible thing happen at work. I took my tiny little choir to contest, and they got the best score they could possibly get!! It was so wonderful. I cried with my students as I told them their scores. I have some pictures, but it would be against the law to publish them without the consent of parents.

There have been other interesting things going on that I can't put out there on the interwebs, at least not yet...

My darling husband and I have purchased non-refundable plane tickets to Europe for a summer vacation. We'll be visiting some long-time friends and taking side trips from Germany to Austria, and maybe Switzerland... I know, you feel sorry for me already. It will be tough, but somebody's got to go, and this time it's us. ;o)

The kids are growing and doing more all the time. We have recently begun letting them walk to school together without an adult. We live a few blocks away from the school, so it's not like it's all that far, and there's a crossing guard stationed at the only questionable crosswalk they encounter. It actually makes things easier on us grown-ups to not have to brave the school car traffic, and the kids love the independence. It's a good thing.

My little one seems to be in a better place than ever. She is taking her ADHD medication regularly, and is generally much happier about life. She seems to get frustrated less often, and she's able to complete her school work much more than before.

I have been on a diet since October 19, 2011, and late last month I reached my goal weight!! That has been super fun! I get to add 500 calories per day back into my daily intake, and it feels like a feast! I like the way I look in clothes (size 4 pants!!), and I feel better about myself generally. I don't ever want to fit into all those clothes I took out of my closet ever again. I know it's better for my bad knee to carry 24 pounds less than it was carrying before. Now to keep it off...

Hubby is also losing weight, and he's doing great. I think we're in a better place together than we've ever been.

Life isn't perfect, but it's good, VERY good! Thanks for hanging in there with me.

This is one of our contest pieces that has been in my head for weeks. Catchy, ain't it? (We did the 2-part treble arrangement.)

No comments: