Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Songs

As promised, the song in my head yesterday was Weird Al's "I'll Sue Ya," off the album, Straight Outta Lynwood. It's a style parody of Rage Against the Machine, and the riff is quite catchy. The video is worth watching, if you haven't. It's animated, and Weird Al didn't make it himself. He had several different animators make videos for several songs on this album.

Today I have another song off that same album in my head, "Pancreas." There's a cute video for that one too, although Weird Al didn't make it, so it's not as good as the "White and Nerdy" video, but it has it's own vibe which works with the song.

I know I'm going totally nerdy with these, but that's what this blog is about. This is what's actually in my head.

I'm finally to the point of knowing my Choral Arts music well enough to have that rolling around in my head too. So along with the nerdy Weird Al, I have Benjamin Britten's "Cantata Misericordium," Ralph Vaughan Williams's "Five Mystical Songs," and Sir Edward Elgar's "Great Is the Lord" taking turns up front in my conciousness. And those are just what we practiced last night. That's not the whole program.

That just ups the nerdy quotient, I know. But, what can I do? I gotta be me! I am at peace with my inner nerd.

No comments: