Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"People are friendly, if you just talk to 'em."

My Pawpaw used to say that. He was the friendliest man ever. He'd talk to anybody.

Today was my day off from Little Girl. I was out running errands, and I took my Chick-fil-a calendar coupon for some free Breakfast Minis in to grab a quick bite in between stops. While I was at the counter, an older gentleman, probably in his 70's, started talking to me. I made some polite conversation until my food came, then I went and sat down at a table to eat my food alone. I sat there thinking about the man, wondering if it would be wise to talk to him more or if I should keep my distance. At one point during my meal, I got up to get napkins, and he noticed me and remarked that I was sitting by myself. I went back to my food. On my way out, I saw him sitting by himself, eating his food. I then sat down and started talking to him. He was very friendly.

The whole time, I kept thinking of my Pawpaw. This Friday it will be two years since he passed away.

No comments: