Saturday, January 3, 2009

Post-Christmas Project Day

December 26th was project day.

Before:
After:
What you don't see in the "after" picture is the surround sound wires that went to the sub woofer and rear speakers under the carpet and around the room. The drapes I made now have a function besides adding much needed color to that side of the room. See below:I got a light fixture for Christmas which I picked out online. It was installed that day too. I wish I had a picture of the old one just so the new one could be appreciated that much more. It was so horrible that we managed to never get a picture of it. Here's the new one which now hangs beautifully over the table that ate my summer: While the work was being done by my dad, brother and husband (TV installation and light fixture), my mother, sister-in-law, grandmother and I all went to the outlet mall and did some shopping. Hubby and I did the surround sound installation after everyone else left. I got a blister on my thumb working the fishtape under the carpet. It was a very satisfying day, as if any day full of projects could be anything but satisfying for me.

No comments: