Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From Laziness Comes... Creativity?

I know my daughter on the autistic spectrum would not have been able to write her name on 20 valentines unless we had started last week, and had her write a few a day. It's already too late for that with the party being on Friday of this week, and me going out of town Thursday. I'd have to have her get it done by tomorrow, and that's not going to happen at this point. And I really don't care to write her name for her 20 times on little cards that will be tossed in the trash as the kids sort through which valentines are candy and which ones aren't. All these things were going through my mind as I shopped the seasonal aisle at the grocery store earlier today, browsing the valentines and candy.

What I can I do that would be EASY?

AHA!

Being the homeroom mom, as I have mentioned before, I have a database with all the kids in Big Girl's class, their parents' names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc. I can make labels from this database with very little effort, which will include "Happy Valentine's Day, 'So-and-so'! From 'Big Girl'" and stick them to the sticks of lollipops like little flags.

And that's what I did. That took me maybe 15 minutes.

Hooray for technology! Hooray for lazy creativity!

No comments: