Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chicken Dace? Really?

This morning was the trip to IKEA. As expected, Little Girl wanted to play, but didn't want to potty, so she screamed and cried for about 15 minutes in the cart until she realized that we weren't going to let her out, and she might as well stop throwing her fit. Mom and I made sure to mention every few minutes how Little Girl could decide she wants to potty and then next time she could play in the fun kid area with her big sister.

My mom is such a good sport. She took both girls home with her for at least tonight and most of tomorrow. She also took a bunch of little girl sized panties and her own bag of tricks. Maybe Little Girl will do it for her Nanna if she won't do it for Mommy. I should just get used to it now. Little Girl will see me as the enemy for a long time yet. Oh well. As long as the other players involved are in my corner, I'll still be in "control".

As I was gathering the clothes to pack for both girls to go to Nanna's, I was whistling the Chicken Dance song. My big girl came up behind me and started humming along and doing the dance. I didn't even realize she knew the Chicken Dance! Obviously I had that song in my head. Thankfully it's gone now.

Last night at worship team practice, we were just talking about Karen Carpenter for some reason, and last night and today I've had "We've Only Just Begun" and "Close To You" in my head. The power of suggestion is very strong. Maybe now you'll be humming one of those after reading this!

2 comments:

Amy said...

you would be correct. we've only just begun to live....white lace and promises....
thanks for that.

Traci said...

Don't worry. She'll want to potty eventually. Rylan is the same way. Until he's ready, it's not happening. Anything. And so was the case with potty training. Suddenly, during VBS week, he decided he was ready. I would call him pee-pee trained. Still working on the other part. :) He wears his big boy undies except to sleep or when he needs to do the other, when he asks for a diaper. If you can ask for a diaper, can't you just go sit on the potty?! But whatever. One thing at a time. I'll tackle that one as I did the other--when he's ready. I can live w/ this for now. And you can, too. The old adage is true--they won't go to kindergarden in diapers. She'll do it... eventually. :)