Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In-Head Song Wars

My dearest husband is gone. I did cry all the way to the airport, but once we pulled back out onto the highway, leaving the airport, a more quiet sadness settled in.

My little girl was asleep in the car on the way to and from the airport, and when we stopped for dinner (with our free kids' meal coupons at Applebees!), she looked up and said, "Where's Daddy?" Poor thing missed the good-bye.

I'm thinking back to this past Sunday when he was still here. We were in a particularly playful mood with each other (my favorite!), and he complained of a song in his head as we were sitting in our "Sunday school" class before it started. I leaned over to him and started singing "U Can't Touch This," by M. C. Hammer in his ear. He immediately rejected that suggestion and started singing some other equally annoying song in my ear (which didn't throw me off, or else I'd remember what it was).

The trump-card in such a battle is always the "Free Credit Report Dot Com" jingle. Too bad I didn't remember that on Sunday...

And now that's all I can think of... "They say a man should always dress for the job he wants. So why am I dressed up like a pirate in this restaurant?..."

I'll leave you with that.

No comments: