Wednesday, July 16, 2008

DVR

This morning I woke up with quite an assortment of songs in my head, all thanks to the DVR. We are relatively new to this wonderful piece of technology. TV viewing will never be the same again! When I want to watch something, I set the DVR to record it, then I watch it later (sometimes before the show is over), starting at the beginning and fast-forwarding through commercials. Don't you just love it? And then there are some shows that my husband and I like to watch, but we have no idea when they're on. So we have the DVR set to record those shows whenever they are on, and we watch them whenever we want, sans commercials. It's great.

One show we watch like that is Pop-Up Video, on VH1 Classic. We watched several episodes of that last night before going to bed. So this morning, "Rio," by Duran Duran, "Vogue", by Madonna (YUCK!), and "We Didn't Start the Fire," by Huey Lewis and the News were all in my head, taking turns up front.

When I started this blog, I didn't realize how often the song in my head was a song I really don't like. Such is definitely the case with "Rio." Ugh. Make it stop!! (Now do you see why I have such a tenuous hold on my sanity?)

No comments: