Monday, July 28, 2008

Plush... Ahhh....

OK, I found it.

At first I thought it was Soundgarden, but that wasn't it. Then I thought it might be Pearl Jam, but the voice is my head was not Eddie Vetter, so I had huge doubt.

After going through nearly the entire library (obviously skipping over stuff like Pink Floyd, anything with a girl singer, etc), I finally found it.

"Plush," by Stone Temple Pilots.

There's a huge block of songs I have in my library that came from my husband's collection. I'm not as familiar with it, and I frequently confuse the songs and artists, especially the ones I mentioned. I'm much better with the obvious ones like Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I really didn't participate in the pop culture of my era because I misunderstood my parents when I was about seven years old. They didn't want me listening to Madonna and Michael Jackson, for obvious reasons, and I misunderstood their wishes to include all secular music. So for about ten years, I listened to contemporary Christian music. (There was an unfortunate exception to that when I was in middle school for the New Kids On The Block.) And when I gave up on the local Christian radio station (their pledge drive was going on for over a year), I started listening to classic rock. I was also introduced to The Beatles by my dad. Anyway, the point of all that is my lack of knowledge pertaining to the music of the 90's. That may also help explain some of the wide variety of songs that get stuck in my head.

I really need my husband around in times like this. He'd have known which song it was. I really miss him. He comes home Friday. I can't wait!

No comments: